Thursday, March 12, 2015

Crispy Nipattu




This recipe was given by my mom ...she is expert in doing nipattu, chakuli I am so blessed to have learnt so many things from her this is one such recipe which i learnt from her and treasure it as it comes out crispy and perfect for me everytime . Here goes the recipe for that 

Ingredients (yields around 20 -25 Small nipattus ) 

1 cup Rice flour (of a very fine quality)

1/4 cup Maida

2 tbsp mix of white and black sesame seeds /til 

3 tbsp chana dal (Presoaked in water  for 3 hrs and drained of completely)

3 tbsp roasted Peanuts (half it as whole might be difficult to pat)

4 - 5 green chillies (roughly minced ) ( Use can use more if you want but this does work fine for me )

2 sprigs of curry leaves (roughly chopped)

1 tbsp butter (don't use more as it will soak in lot of oil)

1 tbsp dessicated coconut (opt)

water for binding it into a dough

salt to taste

oil to deep fry

Method


  1. Drain the presoaked chanadal completely . 
  2. In a mixing bowl add maida, rice flour mix well now add curry leaves, minced green chillies, white and black sesame seeds, peanuts, presoaked chana dal, coconut , butter, salt and mix all this well.
  3. Now add in little by little water to bind it into a thick dough .
  4. Now take a plastic sheet or you can take any thick plastic bags here just smear the plastic bag which is cut in square shape and properly smear this with oil evenly.
  5. Now pinch out a small balls of the dough and place this on the plastic sheet and dab it to shape into roundals .
  6. Now the most important thing here is to heat up the oil in smoking point and simmer it on a med flame then deep fry these in small batches I do 2 at a time as it has to be fried properly in a center too and plus like my nipattu a little white .
  7. Note : 1. The rice flour i use here is always of a very fine quality. I presoak my chana dal cause I usually see its gives out perfect crunch when fried esle i usually hardens a lot making it difficult to bite into those chanadal bits )...For making a dough pls add water little by little to make it a very smooth dough just like how we do a chapathi dough.
  8. Do try this and leave in your feedback ....its absoulutely delicious and most loved by my family esp me can't resist myself from having these :) :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment