Monday, November 17, 2014

Shahi Kaaju Aloo

 This recipe so so yummy that I remember first time I had this curry when I came down to bangalore to visit my family and my younger sister who is a very very good cook had prepared this curry for chapathi...I loved every bite of it and asked my sister how did she prepare this.....I always remember her when I prepare this curry . Do try this you will absolutely love this curry its totally different and you will love every bite of it ...so do try this and leave in your feedback :-)

Ingredients 

3 med sized potato (cubed potato)

2 tbsp cashew powder + few for garnishing

1 ' ginger

4-5 flakes of garlic

1/2 tsp shahi jeera

1 bay leaf

2 onion (finely chopped)

1/4 tsp haldi (turmeric) Powder

1/2 tsp garam masala

1/2 tsp chilli powder

1/4 cup curd (whisk to make it smooth)

1/4 cup milk

salt to taste

2 tbsp oil + oil for shallow frying the potato

2 tbsp coriander leaves for garnishing

Method

  1. Heat oil in a small non stick pan and drop in cubed potatoes and fry till golden brown and keep aside.
  2. Make a paste with garlic, ginger, cashew and keep aside.
  3. Heat oil in kadai add shahi jeera, bay leaf when it splutters add onion and fry till it turns slight brown add haldi, red chilli powder, garam masala mix well now add garlic cashew paste cook for 2-3 mins.
  4. Add curd and mix till it leaves out oil and the masala gets cooked well add milk and boil till semi thick then add potatoes , salt and mix well .
  5. Finally garnish with coriander leaves and fried cashews. 
  6. Serve with chapathi ...you will def enjoy this lovely curry :)



No comments:

Post a Comment