This a lovely healthy recipe which will just melt in your mouth and surely you will love the taste of this ...so try this and leave in your feedback...It tastes Awesome and superb :)
1 cup Yogurt (hung at night ) (very important)
1 and 1/2 tbsp gramflour (besan)
1 tbsp oil + 2 tbsp for shallow frying
1 small onion finely chopped
1 big garlic clove (grated)
1 tsp Ginger (grated)
1/4 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp roasted cumin powder
4 slices of Bread (make bread crumbs) + more if needed
2 tbsp chopped Coriander leaves
2 green chillies ( finely minced )
salt to taste
- Put curd in a strainer keep bowl underneath it and place a lid and press hard it will drain out little water then keep it the same way in the fridge overnight. (this is the key step please don't omit it else you won't get a good cutlet).
- Put bread in mixer grinder and make bread crumbs and keep aside.
- In small pan dry roast besan till it leaves out aroma and keep aside.
- Heat oil in pan add onion and cook till softened add ginger, garlic, green chillies , add garam masala, roasted cumin powder fry well add coriander leaves and fry for 2-3 mins.
- Now take it out in mixing bowl add curd and roasted gramflour and put the bread crumbs little by little and mix till it gets to the consistency that you can make small balls out of it . The consistency is shown in the picture below.
- Make small balls and shallow fry in 2 tbsp oil till u get a golden texture be careful it will give a beautiful texture and wont break.....As you can see in this picture it didn't soak up any oil and did come out really nice .
- Note if you want a crisp kebab shallow fry in small non stick pan which is highly recommended ....do try this I am sure your family will love it the way we enjoyed with a hot cup of tea :)